RE: Converting Interleaf to Word

Subject: RE: Converting Interleaf to Word
From: Linda Stark <lstark -at- ispchannel -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 22:28:05 -0500

I've searched the archives - to no avail. I found a message where someone
mentioned in passing what a nightmare it was to convert Interleaf files to
FrameMaker, but can't find any messages about attempts to convert Interleaf
into Word.

My company is considering a job that includes converting Interleaf files to
Word. This came up suddenly this afternoon, so we are kind of scrambling.

Along with the notice about this project, we got some limited information
about a company called Zandar that sells a product called TagWrite. TagWrite
is billed (on the Zandar Web site) as a product used in the tagged document
market. We emailed them for more information and prices, but haven't heard
back from them.

Does anyone out there have any experience (good or bad) with this product?
Does anyone know of another conversion program we can check out that might
be better than TagWrite? Does anyone know of any Web sites I can check?

We do not know exactly what kinds of documentation require conversion (lots
of tables? conditional text? toc? headers/footers? numbered lists?), which I
pointed out is rather critical information to have before we decide to bid.
Are there any programs that handle ALL of those things?

Thanks so much for any info. I know if anyone knows anything about this,
they're subscribed to this list. (And I told my boss that.) You folks never
cease to amaze me.

Linda Stark
lstark -at- astcorp -dot- com -- work
lstark -at- ispchannel -dot- com -- home