Re: Is "Errata" too antiquated?

Subject: Re: Is "Errata" too antiquated?
From: Dan Brinegar <vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com>
To: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 17:25:51 -0700 (MST)

At 3:52 PM -0700 5/3/00, Darren Barefoot wrote:
>[...] assuming a general cross-section of
>technically-competent but not typically literary (construction
>professionals) users, what would you recommend?

That'd be a "punchlist."

Defined by _This Old House_ magazine as a list of items incorrectly done
or remaining to be finished on a construction job.

"Carpentry: Front bay window not properly affixed to top/bottom plate --
inadequate nail penetration/nails bent/too many nails compromised integrity
of top plate."

"In the table on page 84 or our April issue ('Removing Treestumps Safely'),
the pros and cons for 'dynamite versus tractor' were inadvertently
switched: the editors sincerely regret the erro."

.. apparently each trade or subcontractor used to have to punch a hole in
the list as they corrected their little mistakes...Why did they miss
things? Probably inadequate documentation (plans) due to a lack of proper
process-vetting methodology (nobody objected when management required the
exclusive use of pneumatic broadaxes in all phases of construction,
f'rinstance ;-)

Dan Brinegar Information Developer/Research Droid

What will you do without your freedom?

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com CCDB Vr2Link
http://www.vr2link.com Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.