Not starting a tool war; just need to vent

Subject: Not starting a tool war; just need to vent
From: "Kat Nagel" <kat_nagel -at- rte -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 09:51:41 -0400

----- Original Message -----
Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
> In some cases, an existing document can be successfully
> inserted into a new document created with the new template. In
others, like
> the one today (which came from a writer who got fed up with trying
to get it
> to work) nothing -- and I mean nothing -- works. By 4 o'clock
today, I
> managed to get the footers to work, but then the $ -at- ^$@ thing
started
> removing odd-page section breaks unbidden.

<sigh>
Complex document in Word.
Add one screen shot.

54 numbered lists, each restarting at 1, suddenly
develop an irresistable urge to meld into one loooong
series. The ignore Style changes. They ignore
Format>'Bullets and Numbering' changes. Cutting
and pasting into a new doc from the template didn't
help. Saving as text and re-attaching the template
and re-assigning tags para by para worked...until
I added the next screen shot. Saving as text and
re-attaching the template and putting in ALL the
new screen shots and THEN re-assigning tags para
by para worked...until I printed the document.

The manual was supposed to be burned to a CD by
11AM Friday. It is 9:30 Saturday morning, and I'm
still struggling with this ! -at- #$^& thing. I've missed
a major deadline my third week at work here, and I
am NOT HAPPY.

If I thought there was any chance at all of this little
company buying 70 OtherApplication licenses (and
replacing all their CASE tools, which are beautifully
integrated with Word), I'd scream bloody murder.
Instead, I just sit here whimpering, and wearing down
my little typing fingers to the bone.

Have a nice weekend.
<grump>
/K@