Re: Not starting a tool war; just need to vent

Subject: Re: Not starting a tool war; just need to vent
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: "Kat Nagel" <kat_nagel -at- rte -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 07:26:11 -0700 (MST)

We all know what a Kodak Moment is. Perhaps there should be
MS-Word Moments as well. I'm thinking maybe the
STC (a non-profit eleemosynary insitution)
could persuade the networks to run public service ads
consisting of little epiphanies such as the one you describe here.
At 09:51 AM 5/6/00 -0400, Kat Nagel wrote:
><sigh>
>Complex document in Word.
>Add one screen shot.
>
>54 numbered lists, each restarting at 1, suddenly
>develop an irresistable urge to meld into one loooong
>series. The ignore Style changes. They ignore
>Format>'Bullets and Numbering' changes. Cutting
>and pasting into a new doc from the template didn't
>help. Saving as text and re-attaching the template
>and re-assigning tags para by para worked...until
>I added the next screen shot. Saving as text and
>re-attaching the template and putting in ALL the
>new screen shots and THEN re-assigning tags para
>by para worked...until I printed the document.
>
>The manual was supposed to be burned to a CD by
>11AM Friday. It is 9:30 Saturday morning, and I'm
>still struggling with this ! -at- #$^& thing. I've missed
>a major deadline my third week at work here, and I
>am NOT HAPPY.
>
>If I thought there was any chance at all of this little
>company buying 70 OtherApplication licenses (and
>replacing all their CASE tools, which are beautifully
>integrated with Word), I'd scream bloody murder.
>Instead, I just sit here whimpering, and wearing down
>my little typing fingers to the bone.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.