Re: Online Documents

Subject: Re: Online Documents
From: "walden miller" <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:10:21 -0600

someone wrote:
> >I took a look and found the thesis text quite poorly formatted. Right
> >justification is almost always a mistake, and a tool that justifies
> >the last line of a paragraph like this is just awful.
> >
> >It isn't clear if it was the author or Front Page that screwed this up.
> >Either way, I cannot take the thesis seriously.
> The thesis itself mentions that ragged right edge is preferable,
> particularly
> when the spacing between words or within words is affected.

Do not judge a thesis by its format. When I wrote my thesis ('92 at ISU),
the thesis department totally controlled the format (margins, justification,
font use, inter-line and -paragraph spacing, etc.). They wanted the thesis
done in Word. I did it in Frame and they seemed OK with it after many
arguments.

The dissertation department was worse. Try writing a multi-media
dissertation. YOW!

anyway...