RE: Framemaker vs. Quark

Subject: RE: Framemaker vs. Quark
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'S'" <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 17:35:26 -0400

Hmmm.

I recommend you run through two books, both available form
http://www.amazon.com and elsewhere:

Adobe's Classroom in a Book for FrameMaker 5.5. It is tutorial based.
Sarah O'Keefe's FrameMaker 5.5.6 for Dummies, by IDG books. It's a reference
tome.

Run through both and you'll get up-to-speed in TOCs and other things. In
short, just as your FrameMaker files (*.fm) comprise chapters in your
FrameMaker book (*.book), so too a TOC is a chapter, but an auto-generated
one. In FrameMaker 5.5.6, with the book file (*.book) active, use File|Add
File to get started on a TOC.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com