RE: Help! Framemaker vs. Quark

Subject: RE: Help! Framemaker vs. Quark
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'Dina Marroquin'" <DMarroquin -at- FRXSOFT -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:35:12 -0400

Hey, everybody has an opinion, and the art-consultant that your marketing
dept. sees gets $200/hr. to voice his <vbg>.

Actually, they art-consultant isn't too far off-base. Consider the type of
experience the consultant has had, it probably doesn't cover much in the way
of technical publications, so their statement is probably true in light of
such limited experience. Certainly, too, it is true that Quark is much
better supported at service bureaus than FrameMaker. But, who's kidding who?
You don't want some pre-press tool-jockey massaging your application files
before your book prints. That's your job. All the pre-press folks need is
PostScript files and your approval of the blues.

Whether it be Word, PageMaker, Quark, FrameMaker, I provide PostScript using
the driver and tuned as specified by the service bureau. PDF will work, too,
check with your service bureau.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com