RE: Help! Framemaker vs. Quark

Subject: RE: Help! Framemaker vs. Quark
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'John Fulton'" <John -dot- Fulton -at- enterprisemodeller -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 11:29:14 -0400

Hallo:

Actually, a PS printfile does just as well to Docutech, and is a tad
simpler. You have to go via the PS printfile to get to PDF anyway, right? I
used to check my PS printfiles by PDFing them, especially MS Word output. I
love Docutechs for short print runs, even two-color runs. They offer decent
quality at excellent prices, versus offset.

Can the pre-press guys go into a PDF and massage the PostScript? I don't
encourage them to do this, but sometimes, on a unique job, it's a one-time
must-do.

For color seps, I never sent PDF. I am not sure that it'll work. Anyone?
Maybe I should stop by http://www.pdfzone.com to check . . . not that I do
that kind of work anymore.

Best regards,

Sean