RE: Number List with Only One Item?

Subject: RE: Number List with Only One Item?
From: Roger Bell <RBell -at- OptioSoftware -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:01:02 -0400

I don't like the idea of a lone numbered step for most of the reasons others
here have objected.

I shadow the introductory paragraph before any procedure, whether it uses
numbers, bullets, or check marks. This alerts the reader that a procedure
follows. If you have the wiggle room with your company's style guide, give
it a try. Whether your procedure is numbered or not, shadowing draws more
attention to the procedure.

Roger