TOOLS: MS Word numbering frustration

Subject: TOOLS: MS Word numbering frustration
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 07:39:24 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using Word 97-sr2 on Windows NT. I've just been
given a new document template to use ... and it uses
automatic numbering for the Steps style. The trouble
is, the autonumbering continues from the previous
list. When I select Format: Bullets and Numbering and
check "start at 1", the numbering restarts, but I lose
my indentations. yeah, I can fix it, but it's a pain.

Does anyone know how to use the autonumbering feature
so that this doesn't happen? I normally avoid it just
for this reason.

-Becca

=====
Becca Price
beccap -at- rust -dot- net (primary address)

"God is not willing to do everything and thus deprive us
of our free will, and that share of glory which falls to
our lot." N. Machievelli, "The Prince" ch.26

http://im.yahoo.com/