re: Re: Number List with Only One Item

Subject: re: Re: Number List with Only One Item
From: "Christensen, Kent" <lkchris -at- sandia -dot- gov>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:06:06 -0600

Since, as one poster points out, "monotony gets boring," here are some
possible solutions to the "one bullet" problem.

My solution is to do the right thing (or be politically correct if you must)
and not just have one step. This shouldn't be a problem, as you can always
think of another step. Here are some examples.

2. Congratulations! You're finished--this was a one-step procedure!
or
2. This second entry is here to follow technical writing rules--we really
don't have a second item, actually.

Now, I didn't have to slave away that much to master this, and I'm certain,
with this kickoff, monobulletosis can be soon banished from the land of tech
writing.

Thank you; thank you very much.