RE: Conditional text a whole book file??

Subject: RE: Conditional text a whole book file??
From: jwaddell <jwaddell -at- micron -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 14:58:19 -0600

--
Joel "was wondering if something could be done in FrameMaker, and
am hoping someone would have an idea. I am having to separate a section from
a book (a book with a 'master' and a 'slave' section) we want to make a
manual without the slave section, but also keep the slave section in case
it is needed later (don't ask me, not my decision!)"
--
Joel,

Can't you just make another book file that contains the file with the master
file (boy, this is getting old) and not the one with the slave section? If
there are other differences in the master file, you could use conditional
text to tailor that file to work. You would have to regenerate the file
each time you used it in the other book, but you would only be updating one
file.

John