Flash for the Technical Writer?

Subject: Flash for the Technical Writer?
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:17:57 -0700

Good afternoon,

I'm interested in learning about Macromedia Flash. There's a two-day
introductory course I'd like to take
(http://www.trainstation.cc/trainstn/flash1.htm for those in the Vancouver,
BC area), and am hoping to get my company to pay for it. However, I'm having
a difficult time working out exactly how it will be applicable to my work.

I manage a team of three technical writers at a software company. We do user
manuals, online help, some Web help, etc. Does anybody use Flash regularly
in their technical writing duties? Does anybody have any good ideas on how
it can/will be applied (I've seen it used in demos, but that's about it thus
far)? At the end of the day, I may end up paying for it myself.

Thanks. DB.