RE: them engineers

Subject: RE: them engineers
From: Sona Mehta <sona -dot- mehta -at- haysmt -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "'Uma Catherine'" <uma_catherine -at- usa -dot- net>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:56:45 +0100

Hello Uma,

Let me assure you that you are not the only one in such a situation, I
don't know if you followed the thread which i incidently initiatiated on
the list about the importance of TW. I had the same feelings.

According to me in the whole process of CBT development the only role
where the engineers fit in is as"SME's" and everything else is left to
the script writers, visualizers, graphics guys, Analysts( Task and
audience) and not to forget the sound guys.

Well the engineers as SMEs can comment only on the technical accuracy of
the content period. One thing I can suggest is in your entire process
plan for SME presentations and reviews with fixed dead lines.

My 2 cents worth

hope this helps

I would love to know what others have to say on this.