Tech Writers of the World Unite!

Subject: Tech Writers of the World Unite!
From: "Sorensen, Jane" <jsorensen -at- doubleclick -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 15:12:27 -0400

A few months ago (though now it feels like aeons), I was very unhappy at a
job where I was the absolute bottom of the heap--where even some of my
personal relationships (like, er, friends, I think?) with engineers was
colored with that eeewwwww-ugh "who do you think you are" quality--on both
sides.

Then I got pissed off enough to do this:

---------------------
The tech writer version of this is: "Patience be damned! I'm gonna code
something!"
<cracks open a library copy of "Java Programming Basics">
<slips the accompanying CD ROM into the drive>
<evil smile forms on his lips>
"Watch out engineers! Your days of supremacy are numbered! Soon the
top-paying positions will be for Writer/Analysts!!"

It worked for me.

Jane Sorensen, Ext. 15468
Publications Manager
Engineering Dept.