Re: them engineers

Subject: Re: them engineers
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 08:21:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- Uma Catherine <uma_catherine -at- usa -dot- net> wrote:

[SNIP]

> While the processes are still incipient, is it necessary to be unpleasant to
> engineers to ensure that they give inputs on time and do not try to tell me
> how to do my work? Also, can anyone give me guidelines on what to include in
> processes so that unpleasantness can be avoided.
> TIA,
> Uma.

No, I don't think it is necessary to be unpleasant to engineers. In fact, I
think it is neither productive nor satisfying to be unpleasant to anyone,
though at times it may feel very pleasant to return unkindness with unkindness.

As for guidelines, I'm sure there are lots of fine books out there, but one I
particularly would recommend is a classic: "How To Win Friends And Influence
People" by Dale Carnegie. It has been a best seller since forever; it is
constantly updated and in print in various forms and guises. It is still the
best, IMHO.

=====
Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer