Cross-platform questions

Subject: Cross-platform questions
From: "Lee Tesdell" <ltesdell -at- eai -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 14:47:11 -0500

Debbie wrote:

> Can other WWP users give me the benefit of their experience with
> cross-browser output issues?
>
> Can anyone point me to a Web site that discusses the differences in css
> implementation between Netscape and Internet Explorer?
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Debbie
>
> P.S. If anyone happens to know of a list or space where folks can talk
about
> WWP-specific issues while we wait for Quadralay to get their Forum up and
> running, please let me know. I'm not sure that all of techwr-l cares about
> WWP details.

Debbie:

Here's something to consider. Talk to your developers about doing a "silent
install" of IE with the software installation. You would need to clear this
with your clients, of course, but this would avoid the NN compatibility
problems since you would be writing help only for IE.

In addition, with RoboHELP we can
compile our help either as a .CHM or as WebHelp. We compile .CHMs for IE and
WebHelp when we must write for NN. An advantage of .CHMs is that you can do
drop-downs and
pop-ups.

Good luck.

Lee S. Tesdell