RE: GUI vs Hand

Subject: RE: GUI vs Hand
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 12:25:58 -0700 (PDT)

> I used FrontPage for a while at work and hated it. It was
> difficult to
> learn, threw in extra tags even though I deleted them in the
> source code,

FWIW...FP2000 is much better at leaving changes intact. However,
sometimes, the tags it reinserts are tags that are supposed to
be there according to the letter of the law, but when you know
html, you know what tags can be omitted safely.

> and was generally obnoxious.
>
> I still tweak by hand in Dreamweaver if something isn't
> working just right
> (it leaves my tweaking along, unlike FrontPage), so I'm glad I
> spent a few
> years coding by hand. When my husband wanted to learn HTML a

Don't get me wrong. Not knowing html before using a web gui is
like not knowing English and using a word processor. Might be
possible, but the results will be primative.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://invites.yahoo.com/