Trouble with FM and Visio graphics

Subject: Trouble with FM and Visio graphics
From: Joel Basart <joel_basart -at- inetco -dot- com>
To: "Technical writing list (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:27:04 -0700

Hi all, I have come across a strange problem in FM 5.5.6 and am curious if
anyone else has worked around it or if I am out of luck.

I have a manual that uses Visio graphics exclusively, and they are currently
imported via the File -> Import -> Object -> Create from File and linked
through that. The problem is that my boss wants all the diagrams to be
imported by reference(File -> Import -> File and then import by reference),
and when I tried that, it said they are unknown file types!

Now is there a way around this? Do I maybe try installing Visio after
installing FM? I'm baffled why dozens of other file types are supported and
not Visio, any suggestions out there? I have a day or two to get this done
and am wondering what my next step is.

Thanks,

Joel Basart
Technical Writer