RE: career in TW for MFA?

Subject: RE: career in TW for MFA?
From: "Wally Glassett" <wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 18:00:14 -0700

Assuming she has a good work ethic she should be able to land a job as a
beginning tech writer, or something along the lines Andrew mentioned, and
after a couple years experience she'll have a better idea if tech writing is
what she wants to do - or not.

Too bad she thinks her MFA education was a waste of time. I have several
degrees, most of which never landed me a job, but have never thought of that
as a waste of time. Childhood never landed me a job, either, but it was
hardly a waste of time.

Wally Glassett
Tech Doc-It, Inc.
wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net <mailto:wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a
son who thinks he's wrong. -Charles Wadsworth