(No Subject)

Subject: (No Subject)
From: "Sierra Godfrey" <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:34:49 -0700

I have a question which relates to my original question here about the whole Framemaker vs. Quark thing.

A particularly gung-ho (and extremely irritating) marketing chick has asked me for a draft of my current manual so she can use the information for her data sheet on the product. Nevermind that this is a slimy way of getting out of doing her own research. I'm not getting in that with her.

The problem:
She wants me to send her an electronic copy of my manual, presumably so she can cut and paste (again a stupid idea). She doesn't have Framemaker. How do I export a Frame document to Word? Or simple text? Every time I tried, it crashed.

And importantly, do the rest of you hand out electronic copies to people (for editing or whatnot)? Do you retain strict control over drafts? Many people here have asked me for drafts--legitimate requests from TFS people.

This topic may have already been hashed out here and if so, please respond to kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com -dot-
Thanks.
Sierra

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com