Re: Orlando Conference and Exhibits (rambl

Subject: Re: Orlando Conference and Exhibits (rambl
From: Janice Gelb <janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: mdavis -at- bitstream -dot- net
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 12:29:17 -0700

Michele Davis wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I disagree. The vegetarian dishes and I've
> said it 2x now, SUCKED. Now, I'm a restaurant quality chef,
> or so all my friends, husband, and kids all say, so maybe
> that makes me biased. The portobella mushroom sammie was
> atrocious.

All I said was that I was glad they had something
vegetarian on the menu at all and that it was decent,
not that it was the best portobello mushroom sandwich
I ever had!

> An aside, I spoke at 2 sessions and this was my
> first conference for STC I've attended. [snip]
>
> My other comment Janice, is, I'm assuming you're a writer,
> but in your sig file you say: "The only connection Sun
> has with this message is the return address." I had to
> ask my husband what that meant, and he said "that means
> that SUN doesn't endorse her opinions." I said, "well,
> why doesn't she say that then?" Clear communication is good
> communication, and if as another writer I don't understand
> what you're trying to say, what would a neophyte think?

Perhaps you are as new to the Internet as you are to
STC conferences: 1) When posting from a work address,
one is obligated to include a statement that one's
employer is unconnected with the opinions that one
posts. These statements generally get more points
for cleverness than for unadorned clarity, as they
are understood to be pro forma statements. (Not that
I think mine is particularly obscure: I've been using
it for years and you're the first person who seems to
have had a problem understanding it.)

2) This comment would have been better made in private
email than copied to a public forum.

-- Janice