List server sites and software?

Subject: List server sites and software?
From: "Humbird, LenX" <lenx -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:37:17 -0700

This is on-topic, I think. Eric's recent message prompted me to ask.

Can anyone recommend a web site that supports free mail lists for the
general public? I'm investigating possibilities for a non-profit
organization that I help out. I've looked into listbot.com (hate it),
egroups.com (jury is still out), and their own ISP (who recently
de-installed lyris, so they don't have any service at the present time).

The reason I dislike listbot.com is that it has a clunky UI, and one of the
members of the list complained that junk mail began arriving after
subscribing to their service.

Thanks for your input.
Len