RE: Online calendar for scheduling projects

Subject: RE: Online calendar for scheduling projects
From: jknebel -at- ospreyus -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:56:43 -0400

Deborah,

We are currently investigating this possibility now. Our solution is to
create a new mailbox in Outlook that is owned by a distribution list (In
your case, all of the writers and their managers) The calendar is then
created inside the mailbox. Everyone who is a member of the distribution
list can access the new mailbox and calendar.

Now the tricky part.....

This new mailbox has to be set-up on each members machine:
(in Outlook)
Follow the menupath
Tools > Services
Click on Microsoft Exchange Server to select it.
Click on the Properties button
This will take you to the Microsoft Exchange Server Dialog Box
Click on the Advanced Tab
Click on the Add button
Enter the name of the new mailbox
Click on OK
This will take you back to the Microsoft Exchange Server Dialog Box
Click on Apply
Click on OK
This will take you back to the Services Dialog Box
Click on OK

The new mailbox will then appear in your Outlook navigation structure. Click
on it, and it will show the new calendar.

The advantage to doing this, is that it requires minimal maintenance from
the IT department!
They have to do two things
1. Set-up a distribution list for your department
2. Set-up the mailbox for your department.

Let me know if you have any issues with this. We are currently testing this
ourselves, and I would like to know how it works for others.

Jhan
Jhan

**********Please note the NEW Osprey Email Addresses****************
Jhan A. Knebel
Technical Writer, Enterprise Management Solutions
jknebel -at- ospreyUS -dot- com (704) 943-7950
http://www.ospreyUS.com