Re: Fw: Should I Start Sending Out My Resume?

Subject: Re: Fw: Should I Start Sending Out My Resume?
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: claudette69 -at- mindspring -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 07:21:31 -0700 (PDT)

It never hurts to periodically review and update one's
resume - sometimes it helps to take stock of where you
are, what you've done, and what you'd like to be doing
in the future. It helps to keep your self-image up to
date with what you're really doing - which, being
moved into the HR department may be very important!

for example, I tend to think of myself as a writer of
end=user documents, not training materials. But the
last time I re-did my resume, I was really rather
astonished at how many training documents I've
developed, and how proficient I've become with some
tools that I might ordinarily consider ancillary to my
"real" job.

that way, if after your meeting on Monday with your
new bosses leaves you itching or feeling depressed for
no particular reason, you'll have a resume ready, a
clear vision of where you are and what kind of job you
want, and can just start sending out resumes right
away.

good luck!

--- claudette69 -at- mindspring -dot- com wrote:
> Hi Guys:
>
> I have been with my current employer since December
> 1999. When I arrived,
> TPTB had moved the documentation group (which is me
> and another writer)
> under the customer support area. Now I have been
> told that we will report to
> the Director of Administration which is basically
> the HR dept!!!!! <snip>
> What do you think. Should I start looking for
> employment eleswhere or am I
> just overreacting?

=====
Becca Price
beccap -at- rust -dot- net (primary address)

"God is not willing to do everything and thus deprive us
of our free will, and that share of glory which falls to
our lot." N. Machievelli, "The Prince" ch.26

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com