RE: XML Database Solutions--Providers

Subject: RE: XML Database Solutions--Providers
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:02:32 -0400

Hallo:

Why do you have to implement and XML solution by the end of August? How big
is your company? How many authors? Are you already using SGML? What kind of
budget do you have? What are you using now that will change to XML?

I think you have a very difficult task given your deadline, especially if
you also have to continue producing books and other deliverables during this
time. Have you considered outsourcing your change to a consultancy?

I have been looking at XML and at database-driven solutions, as an amateur,
for a year. IMHO, there are no XML documentation/publishing solutions for
small- to medium-sized companies, yet. There are enterprise-level solutions,
as you have found.

I'm curious to know the answers to the questions I pose, I'm still
cautiously sizing-up XML.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com