Re: Client from Hell redux

Subject: Re: Client from Hell redux
From: "Jason A. Czekalski" <topsidefarm -at- mva -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L digest <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 19:30:41 -0700

Andrew Plato wrote:

<< Since I wasn't steeped in a bunch of
processes and anus-restrictive methodologies, it was easy to just
slam-bam the
whole thing into a new form. >>

Andrew,

It is obvious you have never worked in a Mil-Spec or ISO 9000
environment. If you say you have, I'll call you a liar, because in those
environments the process is equal to or more important than the product.

I have spent over a decade-and-a-half working for various government
contractors or sub-contractors, or ISO certified commercial shops. Most
of that time was spent in Quality Control, and yes, I had to deal with
folks with your attitude on a regular basis. And guess what, Andrew! In
almost every case, they lost!

The simple fact is that a rational, organized process will yield success
far more often than your shoot-em-up cowboy methods will. All successful
companies (I'm talking long-term success here) work to processes. If you
want a really good look at no-process sexual intellectuals, take some
time and read the bankruptcy legal notices for any Federal Court
district in this country. Those listings are loaded with companies that
shot from the hip.

Jason