Re: Client from Hell redux

Subject: Re: Client from Hell redux
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:07:27 -0400

On 6/8/00 10:30 PM, Jason A. Czekalski (topsidefarm -at- mva -dot- net) wrote:

>I had to deal with
>folks with your attitude on a regular basis. And guess what, Andrew! In
>almost every case, they lost!
>
>The simple fact is that a rational, organized process will yield success
>far more often than your shoot-em-up cowboy methods will.

And that's why some of us avoid milspec and other bureaucratized
establishments like the plague. I'm in this field for two reasons: I like
what I do, and I do it well. Working someplace where, as you say, the
process is more important than the product would eliminate at least half
of my reason to do it. Probably more than half.

I'm not getting into a processes vs. product discussion... that's been
done to death on this list. I'm just saying that your way doesn't sound
like it's any fun. Fun's the biggest reason to choose this field, and
it's why I've been doing it for so long. I'd agree that the folks who
went up against the process "lost," but only because they were wasting
their time where they were, not because they were wrong.

Have fun,
----->Mike

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman