RE: Client from Hell redux

Subject: RE: Client from Hell redux
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 04:16:47 -0700

Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com> wrote:

> Yes, maybe Andrew got the job done. What if a plumber came to your
house to
> fix a broken water pipe. While using a wrench he broke a fingernail
and
> needed a nail file to get rid of the jagged edge (OK, most plumbers
would
> bite it off, but never mind). How would you feel if you found him
rummaging
> your dresser or your jewelry box for a nail file?

(*snip*)

Unfortunately, this is not a good analogy.

If I recall Andrew's post correctly, he asked for -- several times --
network connectivity, and was blown off each time.

In your analogy, your plumber didn't bother to ask to use your nail
file; ergo, bad analogy.

Now, if the plumer *had* asked -- and you said 'Nyet' -- then you'd
have something.

My $.075 ....

--gdw

Obligatory .sig:

"Diplomacy: the fine art of saying "nice doggie" while you're looking
for a rock."
--?