RE: [stclwrsig-l] Upgrading to Frame 6

Subject: RE: [stclwrsig-l] Upgrading to Frame 6
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:02:59 -0400

Hallo:

The FrameMaker 6 upgrade is, IMHO, worth the $200 asking price, for all the
reasons John mentions.

While FrameMaker 6 is a solid and worthwhile upgrade, it is underwhelming
given the two years or so Adobe has had to work on it. And, like every other
software manufacturer on the plant, this release does have some bugs, some
of which are carryover FrameMaker 5.5.6 issues. Speed of the software has
not been increased, but I never had issue with that. The good news, though,
is that, because of FM6's similarity to FM556, you do not have to retrain
on anything, except maybe numbering.

Repeat edit and multiple undo are still absent but, hey, graphics snap is
now sticky!

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com