Re: Tech Writer screening questions

Subject: Re: Tech Writer screening questions
From: Chris Hamilton <cah_91 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:41:43 -0700 (PDT)

Here's mine:

1. Tell me about a piece of software you documented.

2. How do you go about your work? What's important to
you? (Open-ended? Yes. But I like to see where they
take me.)

3. Tell me about something you messed up.

4. A developer comes to you three hours before the PDF
has to go to the printer and says that you have to
rewrite six pages of documentation. Doing it will
cause us to miss the deliverable with the doc. What do
you do?

5. When do you take something to your manager?

6. Tell me what you're looking for in a job and what
you aren't looking for.

7. Tell me what you know about the software
development process.

The first question is the key to what comes after. If
you can't describe what you've documented on some
level, then you didn't really understand it.

Chris

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com