Re: Tech Writer screening questions

Subject: Re: Tech Writer screening questions
From: Elizabeth Ross <beth -at- vcubed -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:29:44 -0400

Just to clarify:

I'm not asking how to interview a tech writer. I do that, along with several
other folks in my company. What my HR department would like is a list of
questions and answers that *they* can use to pre-screen applicants. The idea
being that they "weed out" the "unqualified" ones before taking up my time
to review resumes and interview candidates.

I am having a hard time coming up with questions that won't throw out the
baby with the bath water.

Thanks again! All the comments received so far have been helpful, in one way
or another. Cheers!
--
Elizabeth Ross
Senior Technical Writer, V3 Semiconductor Corp.