Re: TW Screening Questions

Subject: Re: TW Screening Questions
From: Elizabeth Ross <beth -at- vcubed -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:12:40 -0400

N.B. I was hired for my current position, in part, because of one of my
hobbies: ham radio. The fact that I taught the licensing course for two
years demonstrated my knowledge of basic electronic principles, which is
what set me apart from other technical writers with software-only
experience.
--
Elizabeth Ross
Senior Technical Writer, V3 Semiconductor Corp.

> From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
> Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:48:11 -0400
> To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
> Subject: RE: TW Screening Questions
>
> Tara,
>
> Nothing wrong with listing hobbies or "outside interests" if space, layout
> and your career objectives allow for it--it often is a good talking point
> for related experience and shows the candidate has a well-balanced life.
<snip>