RE: Incorporated: Information Needed

Subject: RE: Incorporated: Information Needed
From: "Kieffer, Barry" <Barry_Kieffer -at- adc -dot- com>
To: "'Michele Davis'" <mdavis -at- bitstream -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:03:17 -0700

I know of one company that would sue you, and they have done it before.

The company hired (contracted) a poor well meaning technical writer
contractor and then increased the scope of the project, tried to
micro-manage him, and then insulted his work, and berated him day after day.

After months and months of this mistreatment, said technical writer could
not take it any more and quit - broke his contract - the company was not
happy.

The company sued him for liable sighting that he caused a delay in the
release of their product and was therefore liable for the companies loss of
revenue during that period. The company was seeking damages for their lost
projected revenue.

The technical writer's insurance company settled out of court with the
company for an undisclosed amount.

Who would sue a poor technical writer? Why take chances in this litigious
world.

Have a great weekend.

-Barry Kieffer

Michele wrote: <snip>
I agree with Mike, I'm sitting here thinking about what lurker Lief said to
me
about getting sued, and I'm thinking WHO would sue me? </snip>