linking page numbers in Acrobat 4

Subject: linking page numbers in Acrobat 4
From: "Sandy Dryer" <sdryer -at- sctcorp -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:45:43 -0400

What is the tool of choice these days for those of you who are linking
page numbers in PDF files, especially in a TOC or index for a
composite document?

We have been using a combination of the Acrobat 4 automatic page
linking and the Compose plug-in (for the composite TOC and index, also
for the times when Acrobat messes up). Our original documents are
created in Word, if that matters.

However, we have had problems with both Acrobat and Compose behaving
erratically and not generating the links, especially in the case of
landscape pages.

Does anyone have a tool or method that they recommend for doing this
kind of linking? And is there any tool that is capable of generating
links consistently within a document that has both portrait and
landscape pages?

Thanks in advance,

Sandy

--