RE: imperative/continuance/directive (was: Tech Writer screening questions)

Subject: RE: imperative/continuance/directive (was: Tech Writer screening questions)
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 06:38:03 -0700 (PDT)

> When an agency calls and proposes a contract, I tell them what my rate

> When a client calls and proposes a contract, I tell them what my rate
> is. Period. I am slightly flexible, depending on the contract and the
> location. But I get the rate I want, or I don't take the contract.
>
> The rates TO ME are the same. I know that the agency will charge
> clients a

The thought is that if a company is willing to pay a higher rate to an
agency, then you should be able to also charge that higher rate directly
and keep it rather than letting the agency have it. To the client,
they're not paying more than tey would anyway and you're keeping your rate
and the agency's cut.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

http://im.yahoo.com/