RE: 825 and 925

Subject: RE: 825 and 925
From: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:25:47 +0100

>All my techwriting jobs so far have had a workday of 8 AM to 5 PM, with an
>hour allowed for lunch. This adds up to a standard 40 hour work week when
>you subtract the 5 lunch hours.

Eep. 8am? Eep. In the UK, while there are variations depending on area and
so on, your standard office job is 9am to 5pm, and the standard office work
week is 35 hours plus 1 unpaid hour for lunch. But YMMV: my first job was a
37.5 hour work-week, 9am to 5:30pm, and so is my current job. But I've never
worked for a company that *expected* you to start at 8am. Eep.

>Extra brownie points if you "get" my subject line. ;-)<

Oh, I 'got' it. Sigh. I'll have chocolate+walnut, please. I just hate
getting up early.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Compaq, UK
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone.