RoboHelp vs. Doc-To-Help for single sourcing?

Subject: RoboHelp vs. Doc-To-Help for single sourcing?
From: "Karen Todd" <ktodd -at- Metastorm -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:52:32 -0600

We have both RoboHelp (HTML edition) and the latest Doc-To-Help. We had intended to use D2H for our single-sourcing, but I'm finding that it's frustrating (at best) to convert my legacy WinHelp files into D2H HTML help files. RoboHelp conversion from WinHelp to HTML Help is much easier. Here's my question: If we do use D2H for most of our single-sourcing, but I use RoboHelp to convert WinHelp to HTML, will I run into problems down the road? A second question: RoboHelp claims to be a single-sourcing tool as well. Has anyone used it that way? Which product is better for single-sourcing, Robo or D2H?

Any insights you can give will be greatly appreciated. I searched the archives but did not find this addressed.

Karen Todd
Tech. Writer II
Metastorm, Inc.