RE: recommend a book on Framemaker

Subject: RE: recommend a book on Framemaker
From: "Tim Lewis" <Writer -dot- lewis -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:03:24 -0500

Glen wrote:

I sure don't know what they mean when someone tells me that the academic
version is not complete. I bought Frame, Illustrator, and WinFax through my
local college. The only difference is that there is a label on the box that
says they are for academic use. I called Adobe and a customer service rep
said there was no difference. And, you can upgrade to "standard" versions
when newer ones come out. Otherwise, I have found no difference in the
performance of any of these packages.

"krupp, marguerite" <krupp_marguerite -at- emc -dot- com> wrote:

(*snip*)

> Instead, while you are still a student, buy the educational version
of
> FrameMaker. Do it now, while the discounts still apply. It's about a
third
> of the price of the full version, and you can do it honestly. While
it's not
> a FULL version of Frame, it's certainly enough for you to learn on
and to
> produce very excellent documents.

Just curious ... what is missing from the academic version?

Tim Lewis
Lewis Communications
Written and Visual Communications
mailto:writer -dot- lewis -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net