Linux

Subject: Linux
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l digest recipients <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:08:20 -0700

Michele Davis <mdavis -at- bitstream -dot- net> wrote:

>OK. We're all writer, right? So, is it Linux (with an i sound) or Linux
>(with an e sound)? My vote is for Linux with an "i", but everyone I know
>pronounces with with an "e". Opine away.

One thing about the Open Source community: there's no single
standard.

Take your pick. Both are widely used, and will continue to be
used, no matter what claims of authority are made.

Personally, I find myself veering between the two, depending on
how the person I'm talking to pronounces it.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"I know the bottom, she says. I know it with my great tap root.
It is what you fear.
I do not fear it: I have been there."
-Sylvia Plath, "Elm"