Re: venting)) Recruiting Story

Subject: Re: venting)) Recruiting Story
From: "Barb Einarsen" <barb -dot- einarsen -at- gnnettest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:25:54 -0400

I have a recruiter story to tell that represents the lowest form of
recruiter, the one out for a short term sale at any price. I'm sharing this
story because it is outrageous, not because I think the entire profession is
like the villain's assistant in the story below.

True Recruiter Story:

Our Hero worked at IBM for several years, then moved to a new company as a
manager. While Our Hero was hiring, a recruiter (Villain's Assistant)
forwarded the resume of a co-op student (The Villain) that Our Hero worked
with at IBM.

The resume erroneously claimed that The Villain was a full-time employee and
took credit for much of the work done in the department while he was there,
although The Villain did not, in reality, do any of the work listed. The
Villain also took responsibility for work that Our Hero did.

Now, Our Hero knew the truth, but other employers would not, so he called
the recruiter to inform him that the candidate was misrepresenting himself.
The recruiter replied, "does that mean you do not want to see him for an
interview? He seems so right for the job".

To which Our Hero could only reply: !????!!!!!

Barb Einarsen
Technical Writer
GN Nettest -- NOD
905 948 7527
barb -dot- einarsen -at- gnnettest -dot- com
www.gnnettest.com