RE: Delaaaaaays

Subject: RE: Delaaaaaays
From: "Susan Ahrenhold" <sahrenhold -at- winspc -dot- com>
To: "'Meg Halter'" <mhalter -at- ridgenet -dot- net>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:25:26 -0400

>>Call him 2 weeks later, after a short vacation, so see how he's doing? He
claims to have >>no memory of this. (By the way -- I'm a permanent employee
here, so they keep paying
>>me, plus I do have other jobs to work on in the meantime.)

>>What I've been doing: Throughout this project I've kept a notebook in
which
>>I record when interviews take place, when I give him (and others) review
>>copies, when I check up on them and the results, and so on. My intent here
>>is to establish a record that I am doing my part of the task promptly and
>>responsibly. But I WANT TO FINISH THIS THING! Any suggestions, both on
ways
>>to finish this and on other ways to avoid making a bad name for myself?

Isn't it fun, having responsibility but no authority to get something done?

What I would likely do is drop by with another copy, be pleasant.
Then I would send a follow-up e-mail with a due date, and a procedure for
negotiating a new due date if the stated one is inconvenient or impossible.

CC his boss.

Follow up as appropriate, and concentrate on doing something that's more
fun.