Re: Subject: Frame and macros

Subject: Re: Subject: Frame and macros
From: Kandis Weiner <kandis -at- toonboom -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:23:59 -0400

Hello,

I just caught this bit of the thread, so excuse me if this has been
mentioned already.

Chris Knight wrote: (snip)

> As has been noted, only in UNIX.
> The lack of a macro or scripting language is only one of several very
> important
> features that Frame for Windows is missing, relative to Word.

It is my understanding that FrameMaker does support scripting, through a
third-party software. I've only just begin to look into this, so I can't
evaluate it's facility or utility.

You can find more information on this software at:

http://www.fml.com/

Martin Smith posted an email a couple of weeks ago about using this
scripting program to create context-sensitive help from frame files.
Seems to point to its utility.

Cheers!
--
Kandis Weiner