RE: Subject: Frame and macros

Subject: RE: Subject: Frame and macros
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- intl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:44:23 -0600

> Bear wrote:
> >> My department is considering switching from Word to Frame.
> >> I'm comfortable with using VBA to customize our Word
> >> application. Is there a similar capability in Frame?
> >> I.E. is there a macro or scripting language for Frame?
>
> As has been noted, only in UNIX.
> The lack of a macro or scripting language is only one of several very
> important
> features that Frame for Windows is missing, relative to Word.

Although Frame for Windows does not have macros, you can get a plugin called
Frame Script which will allow you to create custom features. This is as
close to a macro utility as Frame has, unless you want to get the FDK.

Bill Burns
Lionbridge Design & Development
Technology Consultant
Phone: 208.321.4406