Tables in Pagemaker and Trados

Subject: Tables in Pagemaker and Trados
From: "Jennifer O Neill" <jennifer -dot- oneill -at- village -dot- uunet -dot- be>
To: "Techwr-l" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 12:50:45 +0200

Hi,

I have received several Pagemaker manuals to get translated. A problem is
that they contain tables which were created using Adobe Table and imported
into the file. My problem is that the text in these
tables is not accessible for translation. We will be using (or at least our
translation agency) the tool Trados and all text in the manuals must be
translatable. The translated manuals will then over time also need to be
maintained (at the moment I'm not sure where).

How should one do tables for/in Pagemaker that can be easily translated?
Thanks.

Cheers,

jennifer