Need information on Corel Draw and PDF plus transition to Marketing

Subject: Need information on Corel Draw and PDF plus transition to Marketing
From: "Emerson Lee" <emersonlea -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 18:24:32 GMT

I need information on the tool Corel Draw. I'm thinking it is similar to PageMaker? I have PageMaker and Visio experience and am up for a job that wants Corel Draw. What would be my learning curve? Plus any information you can provide me would be appreciated.

Also, is there involved in creating a PDF file other than saving it as a PDF in a tool like PageMaker and setting the link to that file on a Web page? I.e., what is the typical workflow in creating a PDF file for a Web site?

How difficult is it to make the transistion from a technical writer for software to marketing communications? Things to consider?

Regards, Lea