Re: Need information on Corel Draw and PDF plus transition to Marketing

Subject: Re: Need information on Corel Draw and PDF plus transition to Marketing
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: Emerson Lee <emersonlea -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 07:24:37 -0400

Corel Draw is a vector drawing tool, used to create art and
illustrations, not a page layout tool. It isn't instead of. It's in
addition to. It is not entirely intuitive, because it is a powerful tool
with many, many functions; so you do need to refer to the manual
regularly. On the other hand, it's like any other tool. It is there to
help you get the job done; so, if you know what job it is you want to
get done and Corel Draw happens to be the right tool for that job,
you'll learn how to use it quickly enough.

Packaged with Corel Draw is Ventura Publisher. That does compete with
PageMaker. Perhaps that's what you are supposed to be using?? I haven't
used Ventura since 1989, and it may have changed radically since then,
so I won't comment on its similarities or differences with PageMaker.

As for PDFs, yes there is somewhat more to it than pushing a button. You
will need to get the full Acrobat package and learn some of its ins and
outs so that you can control variables such as image quality, file size,
and security. Bit it is not a major challenge.

Dick