Thanks and Apologies

Subject: Thanks and Apologies
From: "M.B.Y." <mariposa625 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:35:22 -0700 (PDT)

I have to both and thank everyone and apologize.

I had asked for info on Word versus Framemaker. Many
of you wrote me and gave me lots of nice help.

The very next day, my ISP went belly up - Worldspy. I
had to switch that same day. Then, I could not sign
onto to this list - it was the 4th of July weekend and
I was erroneously trying to do it through Topica - I
guess they were on a skeleton crew and no one could
help me.

After the holidays I once again signed up at Topica
and it said I was subscribed but when I would post
messages it would say "you are not a member." I could
not figure it out.

I tried to unsubscribe and subscribe again (again at
Topica) and it said "list closed."

Then, last night I realized that when I originally
signed up for this list I signed up on the TECHWR-L
web site. I happened upon that web-site last night and
signed up there, and it accepted me.

I did not understand how Topica worked - I didn't know
they were a 'go-between' of sorts. I realize now that
they are, and that subscribing to some listservs will
not work right through that service.

I felt bad because I could not thank everyone for
their help.

So thanks for your posts, way back when.

Barb Y.

=====
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.

http://mail.yahoo.com/