Re: work instructions for ISO compliance RE printing

Subject: Re: work instructions for ISO compliance RE printing
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, <horowit -at- en -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:39:38 -0400

Sure, Donna, here it is in a nutshell:

1. Hire someone with several years of experience in graphic arts purchasing and references from at least three vendors he or she has dealt with.

2. Provide all required electronic files to that person, ensuring that they are all in formats compatible with software on that person's workstation.

3. Provide the person with your requirements for quantity, delivery date, production quality, a the price you have budgeted.

4. [Put in a loop here for reconciling any differences between what you are requesting and what is feasible.]

5. Request confirmation of your order.

6. Smile and say, "Thanks you!" when the order is complete.

Dick