RE: naming conventions for images

Subject: RE: naming conventions for images
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>
To: 'Kimber Miller' <kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:54:41 -0700

Hi,

Well, speaking from practical experience, I can tell you the last thing you
should do. I inherited several documents which contained well-organized
folders (one for each chapter). However, in each folder all of the images
were named "Image1.gif", "Image2.gif", etc. This, of course, proved rather
impractical when looking for a specific image and required the use of image
browsing software like ACDSee to locate a particular graphic.

We don't worry about length, and try to use descriptive names. Some
examples:

Application for Payment.bmp
Courtesy Copies Transmittal Queue.vsd
Feature Permissions Tree with Callouts.bmp
Security Manager, Users tab.bmp

Hope that helps. Thanks. DB.